Classes of Hosting Services
A hosting service pertains to keeping and/or sharing given content on a hosting server administered by a webspace hosting vendor. There are different categories of website hosting services used for different purposes, so let's examine them. In that way, you can choose what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to have a web site, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service supplied by some providers, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file storage plans are often supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular spell of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel web hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally wrong interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud web hosting platform would apportion the workload between individual bunches of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different web page hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain firms offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting type is good if you wish to share a great number of pics with chums or colleagues since the service is generally free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to administering your mail addresses. Some corporations provide web hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you would like to manage an email address with your domain but do not desire to keep a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domain. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will permit you to operate as many video files as you want to without hassling about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to possess a web site. To some degree, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and e-mail address accounts, upload videos, etc. At 'Resellers Panel', for example, you can take a glance at shared web hosting and VPS hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limits depending on the sort of website hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a Virtual Server or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are made for particular content solely.